Team Manager Roles and Responsibilities
A good team manager is critical to the success of each team and ultimately to the club. The team manager takes pressure off our coaching staff so that they can focus on coaching; developing our players. The team manager builds a good relationship with parents and with players while supporting the core values and mission of the club. The team manager is typically available at every training and game, and when team travel is necessary. They manage the team roster, game schedule, logistics, and most importantly communication to the parents. Please see the roles and responsibilities below for more information about the Team Manager.
- Support the core values and mission of America FC United
- Build a good relationship with the team coach, team players, and team parents
- Share all club announcements with parents in a timely manner
- Communicate in a timely manner the training schedule, game schedule, tournament schedule, including any changes to schedules
- Set expectations with parents regarding the club's "code of conduct" and all expectations for players with regard to participation
- Communicate with the manager of our opponent in terms of field location, scheduling, and re-scheduling games
- Collect payments for uniforms, tournaments, winter leagues, travel, etc.
- Collect required wavers, documents, signatures necessary to participate in tournaments or other leagues/events
- Assist trainer and/or coach with coordination of tournament entries, winter leagues, or coordinating scrimmages/friendlies
- Provide trainer and/or coach with reason and rationale for player absense from any training or games
- Provide trainers and/or coach with pertinent information such as medical conditions, physical or cognitive limitations, cultural, religious, or social observations necessary to better serve the player and the team
- Support the club in terms of player recruitment and retention and/or promotion of America FC United